Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu: Today We Start Our Love

And the shoujo manga craze is back! After Death Note I'm much more open to darker animes or mangas, but honestly, there is NO way you're going to get me off of my shoujo! I found this manga after completing Faster Than a Kiss (just read the new chapter, will blog about that later).
The story of how love grows <3
This manga is, in a nutshell, the love story of two highschoolers who are both learning to love and be loved. Hibino started of as a Showa girl (untrendy/old fashioned), wearing pigtails and a long skirt on her first day of high school. She was immediately harrassed by Kyouta, the rudest yet smartest boy in the grade. Annoyed at his harrassement, she cuts off his long hair. After cutting it even shorter in an attempt to fix it (which worked) he randomly kisses her, swearing to take away all her "firsts."
Kyouta isn't inexperienced in the act of love at all. He has had multiple lovers (kinda weird for a first year high schooler in my opinion) but has never actually felt love. He starts of his relationship with Hibino just to toy with her, but after he sees how much she actually cares for him he drops his old habits.
I really love this manga. The sacrifices the two of them make for each other shows the extent of their love. Being a teenager myself, and not really knowing the true extent of love or the meaning of a relationship, this manga really hit home for me. As Hibino figures out her feelings, I'm slowly deciding what love means to me as well.
Oh ya, I heard a rumor about this manga becoming an anime! I screamed so loudly when I heard that! Here's the OVA:Today we start our love OVA

No comments:

Post a Comment