Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Newest Anime: Peach Girl

I just finished watching episode 1 of this anime on animefreak and from what I can tell, it seems to be just another shoujo. Although, I did like the story. The main character, Momo, is a super tanned girl who is often thought of as being a slut. It's the typical highschool drama that everyday people have. Though, in America at least, tanned skin doesn't always equate to slut, the mislead impression is relatable. I like her personality, how she doesn't let people have their way with her and how she doesn't play into her stereotype. I'd like to see her slowly change and accept herself for who she is, rather than slathering on sunscreen and trying to change it.
We've also got quite a cute and funny love triangle going on, along with the MOST annoying antagonist ever. Being a highschool girl, this anime explains my life and relates to me in so many ways...like, seriously, it's so funny to watch the stupid, pointless drama happen in this anime and relate it to the stupid pointless drama happening in my life and laugh at how stupid it is. Ya, I can be a bit of a sadist sometimes. You got a problem with that ;)?

No comments:

Post a Comment