Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shugo Chara Love: Amuto

Just by watching the first episode of Shugo Chara, I knew that this ship would eventually happen. I mean, the whole anime is pretty Sailor Moon-esque. Amu is Sailor Moon and Ikuto is Tuxedo Mask. It even has the phedophile thing goin on too. But, I sadly admit that I am a total fan of this relationship. I mean, Ikuto is a sexy beast! Compared Tadase (who could easily be mistaken for a girl), he just seems right for Amu. He's more real, he's more mature, and his story is so touching, that there's no way he couldn't be with her. Everyone roots for the underdog, right? Not only that, he's the "I don't want to hurt others so I isolate and emotionally harm myself for their benefit" type. My past anime experiences have told me that the guys like this always get the girl.
Think this is a perverted kiss on the lips? Nope! That was a kiss on the cheek!

However, aside from anime protocall, I just think he's right for her. Compared to Tadase, I believe that he truly loves her. From the beginning he saw past her outer characters to the true Amu, whereas Tadase was first in love with Amulet Heart. Ikuto's feelings were pure. He wasn't being superficial (Amu is 5 years younger than him), and always set his boundaries when it came to their love. In the manga, he says that he loves her, and that he would wait until she was older. The fact that a 17 year old, hormone-crazy kid would wait for a 12 year old to grow up speaks wonders to me. Though he did do some pretty sexual things to her, he never actually did anything overly perverted. Every kiss he gave her was in places other than the lips. I think he did this to preserve the innocence in her that he loves so much. He knows that she still needs to grow up and experience those things when she's ready, and he's willing to wait for that time to come. In the Shugo Chara! Encore! manga, Amu finally admits that she loved Tadase for his outer character, but loved Ikuto for who he really was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment