Monday, October 24, 2011

Vampire Knight: First Impression Proven Wrong

Left to right: Zero, Yuki, Kaname
Watashi wa baka desu! :P I totally judged this anime by its cover. Silly silly me! Gomenasai minna! I take all of my "I hate vampires and harems" back. This anime isn't anything like I expected it to be. The reverse harem look of the anime was pretty misleading, but in actuality it's more of a love triangle (my favorite!) rather than a harem. There's just an excessively large amount of bishounen, but what's wrong with that? NOTHIN'! I watched the first few episodes and decided it was good enough to start reading the manga. In the manga, you usually get more storylines, plot twists, character developement, etc. Haha well, I'm in a good mood!  I always love finding an anime that I like!
So, here's a summary of Vampire Knight!


*Note*: Since I've noticed that some of my posts are lengthy and taking up a lot of the page, I've decided to implament a new system that only shows part of the post in order to save space. Just click the "read more" button at the bottom left hand corner to continue reading :)

Vampire Knight is your typical vampire love story, where there is a barrier preventing the human and vampire from loving each other. Usually in the form of blood lust, guilt, or self control issues.
I'm only 5 episodes and 4 chapters into this series, but
I already know who I want to win in this apparent love triangle <3

Yuki is a first year high school student and adopted daughter of the head master of her school, Cross Academy. She works as a prefect with her childhood friend, Zero. They work to protect the two divisions of Cross Academy's "Day Class" and "Night Class" from finding out about each other, and protecting the exsistance of vampires. Yuki and Zero both have experiences with vampires: Yuki was attacked as a young girl, but saved from the Night Class' Kaname, who himself is a vampire. Zero, on the other hand, had his whole family killed, and was bitten by a "pureblood" vampire. We later learn that for four years, Zero has slowly been turning into a vampire, fighting his natural instinct, and becoming more and more dangerous to the humans. Yuki works to help Zero adapt to his new life, and figure out her "lost memories."

No comments:

Post a Comment