Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Watch List: Updated

Hey guys, so I've been watching for about three or four months now, but it's resulted in a serious addiction. Ya, it's pretty bad :/. I've come to the point where I actually set aside and rearrange my plans in order to watch anime. But, here's what I have to show for it. And I finally found a way to make my addiction meaningful/useful!


1. Pokemon: My absolute favorite. And it's pretty much my whole entire childhood. This anime (though at the time I wasn't aware of what an anime was) has a place deep inside my heart. Pikachu, I will always chose you.




2.  Shugo Chara: It's about a girl trying to find out who she really is, with the help of cute little guardian characters (shugo charas). The love triangle caught my attention, the storyline is entertaining, and the morals it teaches is really inspiring. I recommend this every fangirl out there. Ikuto is a total bishounen!! *fangirl squeel* It's very cute, and very much a  shojo. This was the first english subbed anime I've watched. It was pretty much my gateway drug into this addiction.

3. Kaichou wa Maid-sama: Misaki is the first female student council president in a previously all girls school, yet she has a secret...She works as a waitress in a maid cafe, and considering her strict feminist beliefs, she wants no one to find out about it. This anime really made me feel...like a subordinate to all of the Japanese race. Misaki is such a hard-working, strong, and diligent main character. I truly respect her drive and her attitude. Though it made me feel like a lazy bum while watching it, I did feel more motivated after watching it. But, Usui, ohhh Usui!! What can I say? He's the perfect male lead. He's so gorgeous, and pretty much good at everthing. He's prince charming. 








4. Maburaho: Well, this one was a bit of a surprise to me. I've heard of ecchi before, but have never thought of watching it. I'm really not a big fan of harems either, but It actually was that bad. It did cater to a lot of guys with the fan service and hot anime chick harem, but the story sort of cute. Not my favorite though, and I wouldn't really recommend it.



5. La Corda d'Oro: Oh! I loved this anime! It was incredibly deep, and really showed me the importance of music. That's the point of the story, and it's absoultely brilliant. The passion that the characters feel is felt by the watchers as well. It has opened my eyes to the world of classical music, and has showed my that music can really move a person's heart. It's a must watch, in my opinion.


6. Special A: I watched this, hoping that it would be like Kaichou wa Maid-sama. And it practically lived up to my expectations. It's about a hard-working, determined, yet agressive girl (very much like Misaki) who has followed her childhood rival her whole life, trying to beat him. However, as she struggles to beat him, she finds love in their rivalry. It's a fun anime, which I enjoyed. It's not a masterpiece, but a pretty good shoujo. 




7. Yumeiro Patissiere: This is the latest anime that I've finished, and I got just as addicted to it as I did to Shugo Chara. It's very much like Shugo Chara, actually. It's made for younger kids, but honestly...Who cares! It was heart warming, the main character is lovable, and the food/sweets look so yummy. It was a typical sparkly, cutesy anime. The sequal, Yumeiro Patissiere Professional, has more romance to it, which really appealed to what I like. I'm still really sad that I've finished the anime. I always get pretty hung up and nostalgic whenever I think of an anime that I love.

8. Fruits Basket*: I initially started this anime because, frankly, Death Note was freaking me out a bit. I usually watch anime before I fall asleep, so I needed some romance in there rather than death gods. I didn't expect very much from this anime. I was aware of its good reviews, and super cute guys ;), but the storyline seemed rather dull to me. But, boy! I was so wrong! The story was so sweet, yet to sad. The curse that bonds the zodiac spirits together seems to tear apart their human side and relationships. Tohru, the main character, really shows them how to be loved, and that they can love back. It's a great anime, with great character developement, and wonderful story, and a heartwarming message that all people need to be needed.


9. Death Note*: I literally finished this one hour ago, and I'm ashamed at how long it took me to do so. As you can see, this is the first non-shoujo (other than Pokemon) anime that I've watched. Hell! It's the first legitly serious anime I've ever watched! But, I was great. And I mean absolutely AMAZING. My mind was going from one place to another, wondering what was going to happen next. Who would eventually win the fight? Who is the true face of justice? Why the hell does that shinigami like apples so much? It was an emotional rollercoaster: frustratingly suspenseful, annoyingly confusing, scarily truthful, comically dark, strangly adorable, sadistically horrific...should I keep going? 




No comments:

Post a Comment