Friday, January 11, 2013

Pokemon: Generation 6 X and Y: Starters and Legendaries

So how many of you have heard about the new generation of Pokemon? I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of generation 5 (gen 2 is still my favorite) but I'm pretty psyched for this new generation. Regardless of whatever new pokemon they add, the graphics and game play seem far more sophisticated than any other generation.




The new game is made in 3D for the nintendo 3DS. Now I still own the first DS and haven't cared for the DS lite, DS i, etc. , but for this game....there's nothing I won't do to get my hands on it. It's the thing I've always wanted since the nintendo 64 came out: a free roaming pokemon journey with great graphics and screenplay.

As for the starters:



It looks like we have Froakie, the water frog



Fennekin, the fire fox (vulpix much?) 



And Chespin, the grass...ottor? Beaver maybe




I personally like Fennekin the most, but if he turns out to be another fire-fighting, then I'm gonna have to go for Froakie. To be honest, I never choose the grass starters. They have no variety in their move pools, and aren't as tough as fire/water pokemon. This is what I think (hope) will (realistically) happen with their evolutions : water/poison, fire/psychic, and grass/water. Hopefully they'll add some new type mixes into the starter evolutions.

As for the legendaries, we have two absolutely beautiful pokemon fitted for the X and Y series:



We haven't received news on the types, backgrounds, or story-lines behind these two pokemon. But I must say, they look magnificent. 



So what do you guys think of Generation 6? What do you think of the new starters? What do you want their evolutions to be like? Have you decided between Yveltal or Xerneas? 

I'll keep you all posted on any new announcements regarding this topic :)


4 comments:

  1. they won't give a starter the type of another starter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They've actually already announced the types
      Fennekin is a fire/psychic, Froakie is a water/fighting, and Chespin is a grass/bug type :)

      Delete
  2. Chespin as grass and bug? What is the resembalence of a bug?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm don't know. Could be a second evolution type thing? he looks more grass water to me

      Delete