Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Full Moon wo Sagashite: Depression Point


Until now, the theme of death and lost love was always prominant, but never really recognized. Like a needle in a haystack: just waiting to be found. Well, I've officially found it! I think it was episode 35 that set off this turn for the worse.


Until now, I've never seen what shinigami really do. Having Meroko and Takuto as our only reference I had this image in my mind that shinigami help children, hate their job, and wouldn't kill anyone even if their lives depended on it. That's what I thought before episode 35, but now, with the introduction on Izumi-kun, realize how close death really is. In episode 35 Mitsuki meets an old man who can see shinigami aswell. Long story short we watch Izumi-kun point his arrow and take his soul, vowing that Mitsuki is next on his list. Immediately after this episode, Mitsuki finally realizes that death is near. That she says she's ready, but is actually very afraid.


The manga of this series is 10 times better than the anime, mostly because it deals with more sensitve issues like life and death in a stronger way. I'm actually happy that the anime has become more sad. I feel like it lacked the emotional aspect that the manga brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment