Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fruits Basket: The Beginning of the End

The last few episodes of an anime series is what I like to call the "bittersweet zone". On one hand, you so desperately want to see how the story ends, how loose ends are tied up, how relationships are kindled or broken. On the other hand, you don't want to face the reality that the single thing that has saved you from boredom, is ending.
I'm on episode 24 of Fruits Basket. I have officially entered the bittersweet zone. This episode set up the confrontation with Kyou's true form. I've read the manga, and know exactly what's going to happen, yet I'm still reluctant to finish the series. I have two episodes left, and exactly an hour left until I have to go to bed. But...I can't bring myself to do it! I don't want to accept that this is the end :(.
So, guess I'll just have to procrastinate in finishing this series. However, when I finally reach the end, don't expect my obsession to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment