Friday, December 23, 2011

Playing Catch Up! : Skip Beat!



 Fun fact for ya: the author of Skip BeatYoshiki Nakamura, doesn't even have a real reason for naming it as it is. In fact, she really just wanted to use the word "beat" in the name...I guess skip won! 

Anyway, as I said before, Skip Beat is about a girl whose "evil spirits" are awakened when she learns that she was betrayed by her childhood friend/ crush/ superstar boyfriend. She then swears revenge on him, and the only way of doing that is by making it in show business. In the episode 2 we see her extreme, and I mean exxtttrreemmee, determination to get into show business. She actually flunks the audition after losing her cool during an acting test. However, she is given the chance to be a part of LME's "Love-Me Section." In episodes 3-11 we pretty much watch as she faces her demons, tries to regain the compassion and practically any loving emotion she lost, and make it in showbiz. On the way she meets Ren Tsuruga, a successful, calm, serious actor. Even though she seems to "hate" him, I see a major romance budding ;).

Actually, I quite like Kyoko. She's the most determined anime character I have EVER seen. And trust me, there are a lot out there. I also like the relationships she has with the men. Sho (the evil SOB who betrayed her) seems to bring out her worst, and Ren always seems to be there to bring her back down to earth. It's a short anime, but the manga is still on going (haven't read it in a while though O__-) so I'm assuming that the anime and manga will have different endings. Which one will be better? I'm gonna take a guess and say that it's going to be the manga...that's usually what happens.

Oh ya! I forgot...Merry 3 days before Christmas!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment