Friday, October 21, 2011

Elfen Lied: Episode 1

Blood, guts, boobs, guns, and assholes. This anime certainly knows how to make an appearence. Jesus, this was incredibly gory. I have never experienced such an awesome amount of cut off limbs, exploded bodies, or pencil pierced heads...until now. I'm going to deem this anime the Kill Bill of the anime world. I think I'm really going to enjoy this. If you have a weak stomach, I wouldn't click the continue post button in my next posts (hopefully it'll be a screenshot gore fest!) but since this is episode 1, I think I'll treat you to an image of a poor, idiotic secretary's head....with no body ;)

In the first episode we see a woman strapped down and bonded, much like how Misa was in Death Note. Next, an epic explosion of blood. And I don't mean a slow drip...I mean an explosion...boom! Dead! We then witness the woman, whose head is protected by some metal contraption, brutally (may I stress that word, brutally) maul, cut, explode, and kill 25 or more police officers...and a poor innocent secretary :(. We learn that her name is Lucy. Lucy managed to escape the facility, but was shot in the head before she reached complete safety. After being badly injured, not dead, she jumped into the ocean. To put it lightly, the people in charge of this security facility were sh**ing their pants. 

Next we meet Kohta, who moved to Kamakura for college, and his cousin Yuka. While walking along the beach, they encounter an injured and naked Lucy, who has no recollection of who she is. Since she only knows how to say Nyu the decide to name her Nyu-chan. From the looks of it, it seems like Lucy is a totally different person. She's almost like a little girl, not knowing how to eat or where to pee. Kohta has no choice but to take her in. She also seems to care a lot about Kohta, breaking a seashell that his (implied) dead sister gave him after seeing that it made him look sad. However, this makes him mad, and he throws her out, leaving her open to the police force.

Back at the security facility we meet with the boss man again and meet our new antagonist, Mr. I'ma Asshole. He's a big, brute guy, with absolutely no respect for anyone. Seriously, he his a girl just for "sneaking up on him." Asshole...anyway! The boss man mumbles something about the end of mankind and orders Mr. I'ma Asshole to find and eliminate Lucy.

Overall, I think this anime looks really promising. Even right now I'm losing my patience. I seriously want to stop blogging and watch episode 2 already! But before I go, here are some screen shots of episode 1: 
Killed them without even touching them...like a boss

Meet Kohta and Yuka
Um...What would you do in that situation?


I would never guess that a girl who can't figure out how to eat onigiri
would murder that many people.

Hi guys, meet Mr. I'ma Asshole

How cute is she? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment