Sunday, January 27, 2013

List of things to come... Prepare for trouble.

Alright! I was actually fearing that this post woulden't make it on time but I did it. I didn't mess up my debut posts!

This is the slightly-less tentative schedule (ok maybe not schedule, more like order) or the anime and manga I plan to review over the next couple of weeks. I will also be making a few announcements in the rest of this post and I will be making a few things a little more clear about what I am going to do. (or try to do :P)

... Hopefully, we will see how this post goes. xD
Side tracking is good for you kids.



Well, first off, I think I want to announce that my first official anime related post will come this Friday, the 1st of February, and it will be a review... Guess which one I am deciding to start out with? >x)





























Oh you bet I am...

A lot of people worship the anime as a deity/ubergod of animation and, conversely  a lot of other people (when watching this series) usually get the same feeling that one could experience by shoving a opened lemon covered in salt into a deep wound that they hadn't treated in a couple of days.

You guys will find out where I stand on that spectrum on Friday, I will give no hints til then ;P

But I believe that this is an anime and a manga that has to just be seen to be believed because it is larger than life and I think every anime enthusiast should have an opinion on it, be it negative or positive. =)

With that all said, what I think I want to do with it, since it is such a short series, is do a reaction to each episode as I re-watch it and then I will do the big review at the end of that night with the final word.

After that main post this Friday I hope to have new main posts coming AT LEAST every Friday. Maybe if it is a really slow week or I need some serious procrastination material, I could do more than one main post a week. But due to the powers of science, I will likely be unable to bring you more than one thorough review a week. Sorry!

So here is the solid list I have so far of the main post subjects I plan to cover. These are ones I have watched in the past and plan to do retrospectives and reviews on each of them probably in this order.

FLCL
Steins;Gate
Angel Beats!
Voices of a distant star [Hoshi no Koe] (REALLY looking forward to this one x) )
School Days
Utwaerumono
Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?

And for these next ones, they are animes/mangas that I want to put a lot of attention to. Probably a re-watch, probably another and a full-scale review with the subject. These are ether animes or mangas that I really like or really hate but both will be treated with caution and probably a lot of attention to detail. Expect a lot of posts from with these subjects and tags.

Cowboy Bebop (& Movie)
Samurai Champloo
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Movies and remakes included)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Full Metal Panic!
Elfen Lied (likely picking off where Anime/Manga Addict left off)
His/Her Circumstances (Kare kano)

Clannad
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles

... Ok I will probably be re-watching a lot of the anime I plan to retrospect on my main list too so either way...


Along with all of this, I also want to do a weekly episode reaction to one anime. I want to make it a multi-weekly thing but I don't know if I will be able to keep the promise because1. Schedule is kind of tight here =/
2. We all know, as anime/manga addicts that THIS is a frequent happening




I also fear that you guys will get ahead of me (if the anime is complete) and, therefore, make those future posts all practically useless TT_TT

So for these reasons, this will likely be an experiment but a fun one for me I think!

Why?

Because the anime I plan to cover for this first "Weekly Reactions" section is "Mushishi", a very episodic anime but a very beautiful and thought provoking one at that and is definitely one of my personal favorites.

I haven't gotten the chance to finish it (and I likely forgot the events of most of the episodes) so this will probably be an adventure for all of us should you choose to follow it!

These, I hope to publish regularly every Thursday night here! (Sometime 7-12 P.M. Eastern Standard time in the U.S.)

And of course, like everyone, I have lots of anime and manga on my list that I need to start watching too! I don't know when I will integrate these into the list but you might see an update from me and my progress on these once every century or so~ c:

Full Metal Alchemist (and Brotherhood)
Ghost in the Shell
Tigrun
Kokoro Connect
The Flower we saw that day
Serial Experiments Lain

So, to recap real quick:
  • Main posts
    Friday nights (maybe other days too)
  • Weekly Reactions
    Thursday nights
... For some reason, I imagined my bullet point list being more extensive but nonetheless! It is there and it is likely going to change and get developed!

Speaking of development, Alice and I have a lot of plans for this blog. Big ones maybe! And, to be honest, we are not totally sure where we are planning on going exactly. But what we can promise is that we are going to try to make it as much fun as we can and we will be updating all of you on the way.

As for my posting, I will let you know if I am planning on changing anything or if something out of the ordinary will happen like if there will be a delay in posting (Godoka forbid) or if a review will come out early. You know... those moments when life decides to get in the way of our passions? We all have those, even AvatarHippo.

Until Friday, you will likely be hearing from me either on campus or at home while I do various ting. I will try not to be dead here on the blog until then!

Look forward to the review on Friday and I hope you will enjoy the posts in the meantime!

Thank you all for your continued support everyone. We appreciate every view and comment and g+ (whatever the heck that means). Seriously.

Are your bodies ready?

- AvatarHippo



No comments:

Post a Comment